February 17, 2005

Pass me the butter knife

I feel slightly murderous towards a few of my students.

My mum had this smirk on her face when I told her I understand now how she felt when I wailed and screamed my head off with tears streaming down my face for no real important reason when I was young. She thinks it's payback time! Talk about life is fair...

xxx

RE: G.I.D question 2

okie, dear highly regarded jan n ann, can we discuss the commercialism of v day? i wanna hear ye views from yr side. teddy bears, flowers, chocolates, do they appeal to u at all? - archie


Concisely, no.

The only teddy bear I've allowed to share my bed with is this little bear wearing a yellow jumper suit that I chose and my ma bought for me some 12 years back from what used to be Thomson Yaohan. I don't like teddies. But, this particular one, I felt an affinity with.

I remember receiving flowers from my xbf on a few occasions. See! They matter 'so much' to me that I don't even remember which occasion. All roses. Which, actually, is not my favourite flower. I remember receiving a huge bouquet of lilies before. Very, very pretty. From Wenn. Her NTU Biz committee was selling bouquets for v-day. I think she felt obliged to buy a bouquet and had no one to give to. But, that was really pretty. Still, not my favourite flower. No, I don't think a big deal of flowers. 'cos truth is, I buy myself flowers occasionally, just to cheer myself up or brighten up my workplace. I prefer a garden to flowers. Send me a gardener too.

Chocolates. Haha! People who know my diet habit will know that I very rarely have cravings for chocolate. I don't particularly like them (neither chips). I don't like the 'heaty' feeling after eating choco. (hey, but I don't mind Tomato Twisties. hee)

V-day is so girlfriend-oriented these days. It's like the day when guyz are supposed to impress or surprise a girl. And, like I mentioned near V-day '04, I'm definitely on the guys' side on v-day. Girls can be such a pain ye! haha...

But, don't get me wrong. I enjoy surprises and I appreciate surprises, even if I'm usually too smart for my own good and could see through the conspiracy. Hence, if wishes come true, everyday is Valentine's Day in a healthy relationship. Romance the every day. Who said you gotta buy a gift to be romantic and sweet? I second Annie's idea...

How about a slow stroll on the beach, by the moonlight? Just you and me. How about a simple 'how's your day?' near the close of everyday? How about getting a free zocard for the other when you see one that he/she'd like? How about just holding each other's hands tighter when walking in crowds? How about rolling our eyes together and giggling together when we see something amusing? How about...

I think you got my answer.

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 18:09